Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Seattle Area Parylyzed by a Few Inches of Snow



link

The state Transportation Department has more than 100 trucks working around the clock, clearing snow and applying sand and de-icer and helping clear accidents. The department is asking people to stay off icy roads unless they absolutely need to travel.


I swear to you, we're talking about a few inches of snow here. I took KT to and from work yesterday, where about half her workmates showed up. The interstate wasn't cleared by evening, and had standing slush and ice. It was so very scary that I had to actually...slow down! The library didn't open, leaving Seamus and I kinda screwed on story time. Schools were closed.

I just can't believe how goofy this is.

And, as Renee texted me yesterday, this month set a record for precipitation in Seattle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

typo on paralyzed